2011年10月13日 星期四

Let's Tweet

This is my first time to use Twitter and it really surprised me by those functions that a teacher can use in the class. According to the article, 28 Creative Ways Teachers Are Using Twitter, this new social microblogging seems really can help both teachers' teaching and students' learning. Through this article, I think I may let my students to "follow conferences" from some professionals' views or reflection and then require them to write down their thoughts on the twitter. Since Twitter has "TwitLit," students need to consider which part is the most important goal that in those paragraphs and make the specific points in 140-character. In this way, students not only can learn how to grab the main point of the certain articles, but also can decrease the job for teachers that looking at the long essay papers without main point. Also, based on the other article, Free Techonology for Teachers: Educational Twitter Chats Calendar, I can create some Twitter chats monthly for the students. With the Twitter Chats calendar, it can remind both I and my students to pay attention on this workshop. After I looked at these articles, I found out there are really a lot of educators using Twitter as a teaching tool and I hope I would use it in my future career, too.


沒有留言:

張貼留言