2011年11月23日 星期三

Where Turkey Is The Guest, Not The Entree

Thanks to my teacher, I have used NPR to practice my listening skill before. I found out it is quite interesting and amazing to gain so many news and information by this prod casting website. Although sometimes I could not get the meaning clearly, it has summary for the story under the title. It made easier for me to get the story itself after I keep listening for few times. Therefore, I think I would introduce it and include it into my lesson plans in the future.

After I found couples of different themes in this website, I wanted to do this topic if I could use in my class "Where Turkey Is The Guest, Not The Entree." Since Thanksgiving is coming, I would like to use some special news or stories that related to this famous holiday. Turkey is a well known meal in Thanksgiving, but this news does not show the same way as peoples' traditional view of turkey. Based on the reporter's saying, there is a farm that the host treat these turkeys as their pets just like other treat dogs or cats at their house. This house does not eat turkey because they believe turkeys will feel hurt. In addition, every turkey has different personality. Therefore, the host want people to interact with turkey and realize how friendly they are.

In the activity, I would ask students to listen to this procast several times. Then make them to fill in the blanks that I prepare for them based on the scripts. After making sure they understand what it is saying in this news, I will make them start to share their experience about their own Thanksgiving or how they imagine Thanksgiving is. I think it will be fun!

沒有留言:

張貼留言