2011年9月10日 星期六

Internet Safety

The list for your safety in the Internet world

1. Remain as anonymous as possible. These may include your private information, such as:
  • full name
  • home address
  • phone number
  • Social Security number
  • passwords
  • names of family members
  • credit card numbers
2. Ignore all the messages that make you feel uncomfortable. Bullying does not only exist in the real world.
  • the messages may from your friends or other people you know
  • ignoring is better than responding
  • if you feel ignoring doesn't help, feel free to contact me or the adults you trust
3. Get some virus protection software or be careful when downloading or opening unknown e-mails
  • some hackers may access to your account and add you into their spam list
  • you may get a lot of junk e-mails
  • you may get the virus into your computer and it will broken
These are some simple ways to protect yourself and your computer.

And it was founded from: 
http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/safebasics/internet_safety.html#

If you want to know more, we can discuss in this CHAT ROOM.

2 則留言:

  1. These are good suggestions. Your last sentence about the "chat room" would be clearer if you said something like "here on this blog" since a chat room is different from a blog.

    回覆刪除
  2. Actually, I'm the victim of spam. It's not because I press some button or open an e-mail I don't recognize but because the website owner's account was hacked. During that time, I got several calls telling me the money I transferred goes to the wrong account and they need me to make another transfer again, which is really annoying. Hence, although online transaction is convenient, I think one needs to remains all the records or notification e-mails for future confirmation.

    回覆刪除